|photo by Nels Kloster © 2011 - All rights reserved|
When I was 19, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. When I was 32, I eliminated dairy from my diet. I can keep the ulcerative colitis at bay through a dairy-free and now gluten-free diet, but stress still seems to be a factor.
Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour mix that contains xanthan or guar gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup light canned coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup raisins or nuts (optional)
In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients and mix well.
In a separate bowl combine, coconut milk, sugar, eggs, olive oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Stir well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add raisin or nuts (optional).
Fill greased muffin tin with muffin batter.
Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean.